Holy shit there are more than 100 software jobs in my school’s job database for San Fran next term. Can I just get one of them
As someone whose mains in Brawl were Ice Climbers and Pokemon Trainer (specifically Squirtle and Ivysaur, not Charizard), I’d say the cuts in the new smash hit me pretty hard. It’s also worth mentioning that Ice Climber is possibly the first Nintendo game I ever played.
I’m counting on Villager and Duck Hunt Dog (or Bowser Jr.?) to be my new mains but no one will replace my King and Queen of Grab. RIP
Smash 4 thoughts
- The 3DS itself (controls, screen) really don’t make much of a difference at all. 3D works fine and looks gorgeous
- Lack of C-stick is kind of bad, you’re forced to move in the same direction as the aerial attack you input but for quick-smashes it’s not a big deal. Smashes seem may be even easier to input?
- Villager wrecks and his tree planting special is probably the most well-designed move in the game. Dash attack is great, pocket makes for really funny games. Forward/back airs are strange though. Overall incredible at edge guarding especially with his bowling ball
- Megaman is really disappointing to play. Besides his smashes and meteor he has no KO moves - although his side smash is very good
- Mario seems to have quicker aerials, his cape seems worse at recovering though. Pikachu’s new thunderbolt mechanics are more balanced and also favour combos. Didn’t play a lot of Link, still seems generally not good though
- New items: they’re all just really fun. I think it’s by far the best lineup of items in the series
- Me: LOK BOOK 4 IS OUT ON OCT. 3
- Friend: isn't that when Super Smash Bros. comes out on 3DS
- Me: ...
- Friend: ...
- Friend: so yeah, screw LOK, we'll play Sma-
- Me: don't talk to me
4 days into universities and already a lotta stuff happened, here’s a bit
Maybe this was obvious but I just realized something about the LOK finales:
- Korra loses her ability to bend all four elements albeit briefly
- Korra is no longer the bridge between the spirit and material worlds
- Korra is no longer expected to keep balance and peace in the world
but what does this mean for the book 4 finale?!